1. Mike Trout, LF, Los Angeles Angels
Reasoning: Has been the most exciting player to watch and has sparked the Angels to within a few games of the Rangers.
2. Derek Jeter, SS, New York Yankees
Reasoning: It's close between Jeter and Andrus, but I gave the starting nod to Jeter due to his surprising power.
3. Josh Hamilton, RF, Texas Rangers
Reasoning: He's cooled down a bit recently but Josh Hamilton still has the best numbers in the AL.
4. Miguel Cabrera, 3B, Detroit Tigers
Reasoning: One of the most feared hitters in the game. Has played a surprisingly decent 3rd base.
5. David Ortiz, DH, Boston Red Sox
Reasoning: Absolutely killing the ball, no other DH comes close to Big Papi.
6. Adam Jones, CF, Baltimore Orioles
Reasoning: He's doing everything on the field and helping the Orioles to a strong start.
7. Jason Kipnis, 2B, Cleveland Indians
Reasoning: Swiping bags, showing pop, and doing a little bit of everything.
8. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B, Toronto Blue Jays
Reasoning: This is Edwin's breakout year...he's shown amazing power so far.
9. A.J. Pierzynski, C, Chicago White Sox
Reasoning: Already surpassed last season's homer total and it's only the 1st half.